DataPhysics Instruments offers a wide range of measuring devices for the analysis of the chemical and physical properties of surfaces and interfaces. The product range comprises optical contact angle measuring and contour analysis systems, dynamic contact angle measuring devices and tensiometer, as well as spinning drop tensiometer and analysis systems for liquid dispersions. The measuring devices are complemented by an extensive array of accessories and extensions like for example a humidity generator. Hence a tailor-made combination of measuring device and accessories can easily be found to take on your individual surface and interfacial measuring challenges. On the following pages you can learn more about the DataPhysics Instruments products and their vast possibilities.
OCA – Optical contact angle measuring and contour analysis systems
The optical analysis of drops that hang from a dosing needle or are placed on a solid surface facilitates the determination of different surface and interfacial parameters.
The optical contact angle measuring and contour analysis systems of the OCA series combine high resolution optics, exact liquid dosing and precise sample positioning into powerful and reliable measuring systems.
- static and dynamic contact angle measurement using the sessile drop method
- determination of surface energy of solids
- optical determination of surface tension and interfacial tension using the pendant drop method
- fully automatic sample mapping
DCAT – Dynamic Contact Angle measuring devices and Tensiometer
The dynamic contact angle measuring instruments and tensiometers of the DCAT series are multi-functional instruments for the force-based measurement of various surface and interfacial properties like surface tensions, critical micelle formation concentration, adhesion or surface pressure. A wide range of test bodies and sample holders as well as specific upgrade modules are available for the different measuring methods. Based on a well-established and accepted measuring technique and utilising state-of-the-art weighing technology, the highest precision and reproducibility of the measured results is guaranteed.
- surface tension and interfacial tension measurements using standardised test bodies like Du Noüy rings or Wilhelmy plates
- fully automatic determination of the critical micelle formation concentration (CMC)
- dynamic contact angle measurements
- density determination for liquids and solids
- sedimentation and penetration analysis
- surface pressure analysis with a Langmuir Trough
- force of adhesion determination
SVT – Spinning drop Video Tensiometer
The Spinning drop video tensiometers of the SVT series are compact optical measuring instruments for the determination of low to ultra-low interfacial tensions and rheological interface properties. Powerful device components like automated camera positioning, a precision drive and temperature-controlled measuring chambers guarantee accurate and reproducible measurement results. Convenient fast-exchange capillaries and an intuitive control via touch screen ensure flexible sample handling and easy operation.
- measurement of low to ultra-low interfacial tension, e.g. for microemulsions used in enhanced oil recovery (EOR)
- interfacial rheology
MS – MultiScan
The MultiScan MS 20 is the measuring device for the automatic optical stability and aging analysis of liquid dispersions, in particular suspensions and emulsions, and the comprehensive characterisation of time- and temperature-dependent destabilisation mechanisms.
- optical stability and aging analysis of liquid dispersions
- determination of destabilisation mechanisms
- determination of sedimentation and creaming rates
- analysis of particle merging and clustering
HGC – Humidity Generator and Controller
The humidity generators of the HGC series allow for a reliable control of the relative humidity, in the range of 5 % to 90 %, inside environmental chambers from DataPhysics Instruments or other suppliers.
- investigation of humidity dependent processes
- usable with measuring chambers from DataPhysics Instruments or other suppliers