DataPhysics Instruments has established a worldwide reputation for the provision of high quality and innovative measurement equipment within the field of surface and interfacial science. With more than 2500 installations across a diverse range of laboratories, DataPhysics Instruments is regarded as a reliable and professional partner, providing specialised products and individual advice. And the customer base continues to grow, year on year.
The foundations for this success story were laid in August 1997 when original shareholders, Dr. Ulrich Busch, Torsten Holz and Horst Rau, started their business, with seven employees, in Filderstadt near Stuttgart, Germany. The vision of the founders was clear: they would develop highly beneficial, trendsetting measuring devices, sold and supported worldwide, with a highly qualified team of scientists and engineers, working in close cooperation with those investing in the technology. The commitment, enthusiasm, and creativity of the small team meant that after just nine months the first optical contact angle measuring instrument could be introduced at Analytica in 1998 – a major success!
In the years that have followed the product range has widened with the addition of techniques such as tensiometry, spinning drop tensiometry and dispersion stability analysis. This has established DataPhysics Instruments as a single source provider for measuring devices used in the analysis of surface and interfacial properties. A continuously growing range of instrument accessories, together with the availability of the company’s application laboratory and training centre, provide for the “complete package” when addressing the challenges that interfacial interactions provide.
Today, more than 20 years on, DataPhysics Instruments has established a leading position in a very demanding market, and anticipates an exciting future. Since March 2017, a new executive team has led the company: long time employees Jens Ole Wund, physicist and new product development manager, and Nils Langer, engineer and sales director, are now managing partners together with founder Horst Rau. All three are eager to continue the DataPhysics Instruments success story in the coming years. And they have a strong base on which to move forward.
Subsidiary companies and joint ventures
In order to provide the best possible support and easier access to the product range, DataPhysics Instruments founded subsidiary companies and partnered up in joint ventures.
DataPhysics Instruments USA Corp.
In 2018 DataPhysics Instruments founded a subsidiary company in the United States of America. DataPhysics Instruments USA Corp. is located in Charlotte, North Carolina and allows DataPhysics Instruments to better serve the surface chemistry market in the United States and Canada. With Bob Fidler as the responsible Executive Vice President, our prospective and existing customers will benefit from even better local technical support and service. In the new U.S. headquarter, our complete instrument portfolio is available for demonstration.
With our new location just a quick five-minute drive from Charlotte Douglas International Airport, DataPhysics Instruments USA Corp. is easily reachable - either for a personal demonstration of our equipment or to participate in one of our instructional training courses to learn all the functionalities of our devices, enabling you to get the most out of your DataPhysics Instruments instrumentation.
We can now also perform local lab testing of samples to determine the appropriate analysis method to meet your needs. For larger groups we also can conduct seminars directly at the customer site, covering both measurement theory and practical components. For more details feel free to contact us. We will gladly consult with you to find the proper solution for your specific surface chemistry challenge.
The DataPhysics Instruments team
What started in 1997 with a small team of just seven visionaries, developed in 20 years into a strong, skilled and continuously growing team of experts for surface and interfacial measuring techniques. Today more than 30 highly qualified and dedicated staff members develop, produce and sell the highest quality measuring systems and assure the very best support for all installed devices.
Everyone brings their individual strength and specific expertise to the table and increases the DataPhysics Instruments treasure trove of experience with every finished project. The highest levels of motivation, innovative spirit and creativity are ever-present, providing the very best possible solution for even the most challenging tasks.
The DataPhysics Instruments Headquarters are located at:
placeRaiffeisenstraße 34, 70794 Filderstadt, Germany
Due to the proximity to the Stuttgart airport, visiting us in person is quite easy. You can use the following button to get directions using Google Maps and the directions map has a detailed view for finding us. From the direction of the Autobahn follow the blue and red arrows. From the opposite direction coming from Tübingen follow the green and red arrows:
- From Autobahn A8 take exit Stuttgart-Degerloch/Stuttgart-Möhringen to merge onto B27 toward Tübingen/Reutlingen/Filderstadt/L.-E.-Echterdingen
- Take the exit toward Filderstadt-Bonlanden / Filderstadt- Sielmingen / Filderstadt- Harthausen
- Continue straight onto K1225
- Next junction turn right onto Raiffeisenstraße
- After 100 m turn left towards three large office buildings
- DataPhysics Instruments is located in building number 34 (Mary)
- Parking spaces reserved for DataPhysics Instruments is are available directly in front of the building
- The front desk of DataPhysics Instruments is located one floor up from the entrance
Career at DataPhysics Instruments
DataPhysics Instruments is currently looking for the following new team members:
Technical Sales Specialist (USA)
DataPhysics Instruments USA is looking to hire an enthusiastic Technical Sales Specialist
Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Direct sales of DataPhysics Instruments devices for surface & interfacial science to R&D labs, QC labs, government and academic laboratories within the assigned territory of Southeastern U.S.
- Strive to pursue new business prospects and penetrate new accounts
- Communicate via email, social media, and phone with potential new customers and forward appropriate information to corresponding territory sales representative for follow-up
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and conduct customer training
- Work closely with the DataPhysics Instruments Management and Applications staff to discuss leads and research strategies on a weekly basis
- Maintain an up to date customer/contact database to support the distribution of marketing materials
- Attend product related technical shows and other marketing related activities and represent company products and services
- Submit accurate and timely sales forecasts
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following:
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering or other technical field
- 2+ years experience in capital equipment sales is preferred but an exception can be made for the truly outstanding candidate
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive can-do attitude, and be ultra-responsive to internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically including an effective telephone presence and professional email correspondence
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base
- Ability to prioritize activities that achieve sales goals, good time and territory management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the job
- Must be able to travel both by ground and air carrier
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- well equipped office space at DataPhysics Instruments USA Corp. headquarters in Charlotte, NC
- competitive base salary plus a bonus plan
- comprehensive benefits package
DataPhysics Instruments USA Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.