OCA – Software
The SCA software, designed for Microsoft Windows®, is the modular program for all OCA instruments. The modern user interface is highly customisable and offers every user an individual and ideally suited overview during measurements. A software-integrated extensive database comprises important physical and chemical parameters of a multitude of liquids and solids.
The SCA software features recording and storing of movie sequences which allows for a controlled evaluation of even the fastest processes. Due to a newly developed automation dialogue the automated control of all electronic components becomes effortless. For example, an entire sample can be mapped automatically determining the surface energy with up to four liquids. The position of every drop can either be set according to predefined patterns or individually using the intuitive visual drop positioning function.
The SCA software is divided into the following separately available modules:
SCA 20 — contact angle
The SCA 20 module is the base software module that enables the measurement of contact angles.
- measurement and presentation of the static contact angle on plane, convex and concave surfaces according to the sessile drop and the captive drop method
- automatic baseline detection on flat and curved surfaces
- measurement of dynamic contact angles (advancing and receding angle, contact angle hysteresis) according to the needle-in-drop method and the tilting method
SCA 21 — surface energy
With the SCA 21 software module the surface energy of solids can be determined by measuring multiple contact angles with different liquids.
- determination of the surface energy of solids as well as of its components (e.g. dispersive, polar and hydrogen bond parts, acid and base portions) according to nine different theories
- calculation and representation of wetting envelopes and work of adhesion/ contact angle diagrams
SCA 22 — surface and interfacial tension
The SCA 22 software module enables the measurement of surface and interfacial tensions according to the pendant drop method.
- determination of the surface and interfacial tension, as well as of their polar and dispersive parts, based on the Young-Laplace evaluation of pendant drops
SCA 23 — liquid bridge analysis
The SCA 23 software module together with corresponding test pieces and vessels enables the measurement of the surface and interfacial tension based on liquid lamellas.
- determination of the surface and interfacial tension based on the evaluation of the lamella contour
- liquid bridge analysis of 3-phase systems
SCA 26 — oscillation and relaxation
In conjunction with systems that can create oscillating pendant drops the SCA 26 software module can determine surface and interfacial rheological parameters.
- determination of the real and the imaginary part of the interfacial dilatational modulus based on the contour of oscillating and relaxing pendant drops
SCA 27 — contact angle in topview
Using the Topview Video System TVS the SCA 27 software module can determine contact angles on surfaces that are viewed in topview.
- determination of the contact angle based on the drop radius analysed in topview measurements and the drop volume